Managerial Merry-Go-Round
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SACK RACE RULES & REGULATIONS

3 posters

Go down

SACK RACE RULES & REGULATIONS Empty SACK RACE RULES & REGULATIONS

Post by Simey Admin Mon May 23, 2016 9:49 pm

Hi all,

All you need to do is pick 15 managers you think are most likely to leave their posts between the first and last days of the season. I will list all clubs and managers on this blog to help trigger your minds. Please email them to me at simeyeveritt@gmail.com or post them on here under the topic "Manager Choices".

Here are some rules to clarify things.

1. You have until 3pm on Saturday 6th August to submit your 15 managers. Of course, you can submit them ASAP but it might be worth waiting.  If one of your chosen managers is sacked between now and 6th August, you'll have to pick again.

2. Managers can be sacked, resign, it can be "mutual consent", they might be poached by a bigger club, or they might even die. It all counts. What doesn't count is if they get "suspended" or go on "gardening leave".

3. Caretaker Managers don't count as valid choices unless the club announce they will definitely be in charge until the end of the season.

4. All 92 league clubs are valid for selection (and yes Tom, this does include MK Dons).

5. You get a point for each manager that leaves their job, the first to get all 15 crowned champion.

6. You don't have to pay to enter but because I'm generous, there'll be a little prize for the winner. Like a bag of mini cheddars. Oh, and a humiliating wooden spoon prize for the loser.

7. In the January transfer window, you will be allowed to use your "joker" if you wish. Here, you can substitute out one of your original selections for a more likely manager you think will leave before May. For example, if you put Steve Bruce in originally but Hull City are 10 points clear at top of the league by Christmas, and Leicester are surprisingly bottom of the Prem with nil points, you can put Ranieri in instead. These changes take effect immediately.

8. This forum gives you all a chance to post manager news / rumours if you hear something before I do, so I'm going to try and create topics for each divisions but bear with me cos I've never done a forum before so the 2016/17 season will have to be experimental.

So get thinking about your manager choices and good luck! Si

Last edited by Simey Admin on Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:30 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Rule tweaks)

Simey Admin
Admin

https://sackrace92.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

SACK RACE RULES & REGULATIONS Empty Re: SACK RACE RULES & REGULATIONS

Post by Simey Admin Wed May 25, 2016 7:59 pm

Two other points. If a club goes bust mid-season, as unlikely as it is, you will be required to pick a replacement manager. And if a manager is put in prison, you will get the point providing the club dispenses with his services in full.

Simey Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

SACK RACE RULES & REGULATIONS Empty Rule 7

Post by Simey Admin Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:32 pm

No longer makes sense .... but keeping it in for posterity. tongue

Simey Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by clagmonster Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:35 pm

I have a query. I know this is fairly unlikely, largely because Steve Evans is unemployed, but if a manager is banner from all football related activity by the FA or UEFA or whoever, but isn't actually terminated by their club, does that count as a sacking?

I presume for those clubs who are trying to be all modern and continental, job titles like head coach but who are actually the manager count as a manager. Do temporary football management consultants come under the same rule as caretakers?
clagmonster
clagmonster

Back to top Go down

SACK RACE RULES & REGULATIONS Empty My fifteen are

Post by everittbg Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:57 am

Sunderland D Moyes
Palace A Pardew
Swansea F Guidolin

Newcastle R Benitez
Brighton C Hughton
:Leeds G Monk
QPR JF Hasselbank

Southend P Brown
Shrewsbury M Mellon
B Rovers D Clarke
Swindon L Williams

Doncaster D Ferguson
Carlisle K Curle
Yeovil D Way
Crawley D Drummy.

Regards all
Bernard

everittbg

Back to top Go down

SACK RACE RULES & REGULATIONS Empty REPLIES TO DAD AND TOM

Post by Simey Admin Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:33 pm

Good choices Dad, posted in "Rules and Regs" rather than "Manager Choices" was wrong, but I won't deduct you any points as I'm feeling kind!

Tom, I'd count that as a "sacking" even though it isn't. They'd be properly gone. Yes, counting "Head Coach" as manager (I believe Hull City are going down that route) but Temporary Iain Dowie's have to be treated like Caretaker's and therefore discarded.

Simey Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum